Need to darken your bedroom to help you sleep more soundly?
Reduce glare on your television when watching a movie?
While every window treatment product allows you some measure of light control, some products offer more room darkening benefits than others. Blackout roller shades and blackout curtains set the standard for blocking light. Blackout roller shades come lined with an extra layer of vinyl fabric that makes them the ideal light-blocking window shade. Sleep peacefully for as long as you like with blackout window treatments; outside mounted blackout roller shades provide even more privacy, with zero light gaps on the outer edges of the window.
The other benefit of blackout roller shades is the aesthetic appeal. Roller shades have a clean, simple style that look splendid in any room, adding a modern touch. In addition, they can be raised or lowered by hand with ease, making them painless and simple to use — no tilt wands or cords necessary!
Both window shades and blinds cannot completely eliminate incoming light as there are almost always slight light gaps. However, true ‘Blackout’ roller shades are uniquely designed to minimize light gaps, seams and rout holes thus blocking out as much natural light as possible for shades.
Blackout Roller Shade Features
- Can be mounted outside or inside the window frame. Outside mounting blocks more light.
- Mounts easily underneath curtain rods to pair with curtains of any color and opacity.
- Pairs nicely with sheer curtains because the blackouts give total privacy and light blockage during the night and morning, while the sheers provide beautiful diffused light during the day.
- Compared to blackout curtains, roller shades have substantially less surface area for allergens and dust to cling to.
- Often costs less than blackout curtains.
- All forms of blackout window treatments help block out light, heat, sound and draft.